Tuesday 13 March 2012

How to make your products last longer...

I was reading a post on LongHairCareForum and saw that some natural-haired ladies were saying their Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Conditioner only lasted 3 washes. I was very suprised remember when I ordered Aubrey Organics in November? I still have at least a third of the bottle left. I use it as a deep conditioner for my weekly washes. Here are some tips to make your hair products last longer:
 
1) Mix them: I know it may sound obvious but I truly believe the only reason my Aubrey HSR has lasted this longer is because I coat my hair in oil and/or shea butter prior to applying the Aubrey HSR. This way my hair is already moisturised and I do not need to add as much product.
2) Apply your deep conditioner to wet hair: This is something I used to do until I got fed up of shower hopping. When I used to apply my DC to wet hair I used MUCH less product in comparison to dry.
3) Alternate products: I am a product junkie (although it's not as bad as it once was) so I like to have a variety of products. Sometimes I alternate shampoos or conditioners and this way it means that they last longer and I have more choice.
4) Consider where/how you store products: I left a bottle of coconut oil on the window sill and it froze, as it's in a glass bottle there's no way I can use the product left till Summer :(. And the time I left the top off my shampoo bottle...the list goes on.

No comments:

Post a Comment