Just sharing 10 important things I have learnt since I approach my 2 year post relaxer date next week. Look out for a length check video soon and an updated hair regimen video on my Youtube channel :)
1) Don't detangle on dry hair. I detangle with a wide tooth comb weekly after washing
2) Don't go to sleep on loose hair. Braid it or twist it otherwise you will regret it. You. Will. Regret. It.
3) At night braid in the direction you want your braidout to fall, this goes for twistouts too!
4) Ensure you use butters on your hair (especially in Winter!) for example this, this and this
5) Stretch headbands for your puff before to avoid headaches. Click here for a how to
6) Don't compare your growth to anyone else
7) But keep track of your growth through pictures or videos
8) Use a heat protectant before blow drying or straightening (some use 2!)
9) Co washing doesn't work (for me anyway, a sulfate free shampoo wash 1x a week is necessary for me especially as I workout 3x week)
10) Wash and gos don't work (for me anyway!)