Yup I am not looking forward to tackling this!
My hair plans for tomorrow is to take down my weave (I do use scissors to cut the weave thread) and then undo the braids underneath. I plan to wet my hair - there's no way I am going to attack my new growth when dry - and do a protein deep conditioning treatment (ORS deep replenishing treatment) then clarify my hair.
On Saturday (4th June) I plan to use a moisturising DC and detangle with my wide tooth comb. I plan to shampoo and then air dry.
Here are my pros and cons of weave as a summary:
- Great protective style- hair is not manipulated could help to retain growth
- Quicker and easier to style daily, less time consuming
- Using human hair means you can wash, tong, flat iron
- Adds length if you're SL or CBL (like me)
- Not versatile if you have a sew-in you can't do ponytails or bantu knots etc
- Human hair can be quite expensive (esp Remy hair)
- Tight sew-ins can lead to hair breakage especially on your edges
- If you wear a weave during Summer or work out a lot it can get very hot/dirty
- Washing and gaining access to the scalp is difficult/time consuming
- Hair can tangle/mat very easily if you do not wrap the hair consistently