Friday 15 July 2011

Review: Herbal Essences Beautiful Ends Conditioner (aka Long-Term Relationship)

As stated in my previous blog post, I posted a 75ml travel size version of this conditioner. But the full size is pictured below it is £3.25 ($4.80) atm from Superdrug for a 400ml bottle, although they always seem to have 2 for 1 on the Herbal Essences range. Apparently the US equivalent to this bottle is called Long-Term Relationship I'm not sure if the ingredients are the same.
This was my first time trying it and I wanted to try it for a while. I used it to co-wash after using a moisturising DC. I also used it as a leave-in conditioner, I basically rubbed a dime-sized piece of this conditioner throughout my hair.

Ingredients:
Aqua, Stearyl Alcohol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Cetyl Alcohol, Bis-Aminopropyl Dimethicone, Isopropyl Alcohol, Parfum, Benzyl Alcohol, Disodium EDTA, Linalool, Propylene Glycol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Sodium Hydroxide, Limonene, Magnesium Nitrate, Rubus Idaeus Fruit Extract, Hydrolyzed Silk, CI 17200, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Magnesium Chloride, Methylisothiazolinone, Citric Acid, Sodium Benzoate, Potassium Sorbate.


What I Thought:
I liked this product- the smell is sooo nice! Also it made my hair feel silky and the front of the bottle stated "red raspberry & silk extracts" and I really could smell the raspberry on my hair afterwards :). I also felt that it could be used as a leave-in conditioner by diluting with water in a spray bottle rather than purchasing the Beautiful Ends Leave-In Conditioner seperately. I love that it is sulfate-free it was very moisturising.

I would definitely buy this again. I didn't use all of the bottle on holiday so I will use it for my next co-wash. Once my current conditioner (Tresemme Naturals) is finished, I will purchasing this. And maybe the Beautiful Ends Shampoo as my clarifying shampoo because it contains sulfates.

I've considered buying the Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration shampoo and conditioner because reviews (especially by naturals) suggest it provides lots of slip and moisture. But I just love the smell of Beautiful Ends.

I would reccommend this product to relaxed heads and naturals too. On the front of the bottle it says 'for mid to long hair' but I am currently nearing APL and it worked well for me, I think it is pretty versatile for all hair types, my hair is quite coarse (4a).

Hmm out of 5, I would give it 4 :) (mainly because I can't pronounce most of the ingredients :/)

1 comment:

  1. I want this! Thanks for the review, when I hit the stores I'm going to buy this and the Hello Hydration conditioner (:

    ReplyDelete