1. BaByliss 2287BU Pro Curl 210 Curling Tong
Description: This 210°C Salon Performance tong makes curling quick and easy. With its Advanced Ceramic Heating System it is ready to use in seconds and has ultra fast heat recovery to maintain constant high heat during use. The 25mm barrel with Tourmaline-Ceramic creates perfectly defined curls with a smooth shiny finish or run your fingers through for natural looking tousled waves.
Background: I received this tong as a Christmas present almost four years ago. Since using being on my HHJ I have used it once on my real hair to blend in with my half wig and numerous times on my weave when I wanted curls when I couldn't be bothered to wait for my Caruso rollers to heat up.
- Has adjustable heat settings of 150ºC, 165ºC, 180ºC, 195ºC and 210ºC which is great if you are trying to avoid using high heat
- Heats up extremely quickly - remember this especially if you dont want it to burn your carpet- I learnt this the hard way :(
- Still works lol- I have bought many products from Babyliss I think they are a reputable brand and it comes with a 3 year gurantee
- The curls will not stay for the whole evening unless you use a holding spray, they tend to drop after a few hours
- Curls can also be created (sometimes better) using a flat iron like GHDs or Cloud 9, so if you have a flat iron- do you really need this tong as well?
2. Wahl Pro Pik Dryer
|Professional 2000w ionic hairdryer with three heat settings and cool shot. Has two speed settings, continuous ionic with an easy clean removable air filter. Ideal for Afro Caribbean hair.|
|Background: I purchased this as I have wanted one for years and also wanted a heat tool that was not as harsh on my hair as my flat iron. I have yet to use this on my hair as I am trying to avoid direct heat, however I did use it on my mother's hair when I relaxed it around Easter.|
The ghd ceramic hairstyling iron is the Holy Grail of hair styling tools that features a unique built-in microprocessor which conducts heat fast and retains it more effectively. Plus its advanced infra-red heat actually protects your hair by sealing in its natural oils, moisture and hair colour guaranteeing you beautiful hair with an attractive healthy shine.
Background: I received this as a birthday present 7 years ago and it still works the same. I used to use it when I was 16-18 with my natural hair every other day- hence why it broke off :/. Since starting my HHJ (11 months ago) I have used it about 4 times to flat iron my new growth and about twice to flat iron my whole head. I used it on my weave every time I washed it which was every 10 days.
* image from amazon.com
** image from wahlglobal.com
***image from drugstore.com