Friday 2 September 2011

Protective Styling Challenge- I'm In!

Okay I stated I planned to protective style throughout Winter so this what I am going to do! I noticed a 6 month protective style challenge over at BlackHairMedia and the LongHairCareForum. I'm definitely in!
My challenge will begin September 1st.
Here are the rules of the challenge:
RULES:
  • Hide the length of your hair by wearing it in protective styles. That can be wigs, weaves, buns, braids, twists, etc. as long as your length is hidden and your hair is kept up of fyour shoulders!
  • You can take picture updates, but do not allow them to be publicly seen.
  • You are allowed 3 free passes to wear your hair out. That's basically a pass every two months.
  • DO post a starting picture! (and a final picture at the end!)
  • Check in as needed. If you are struggling to find styles or losing motivation, check in so we can support each other.
  • Last but not least.....ENJOY THE LENGTH YOU RETAIN ONCE THE CHALLENGE IS OVER!!!
Questions:
What is my protective style?
Sew in weave and maybe a wig around Christmas time

What is my goal?
To reach APL!

What is my regimen?
-Moisturise my braids using braid spray at least 3x week
-Apply castor oil to edges and nape 2x week to counter any breakage
-Wash with diluted shampoo and conditioner every 7-10 days
-Keep weave no longer than 7-8 weeks!

I will posting weekly updates on this challenge.


3 comments:

  1. I am also currently in a hide my hair challenge. I have been hiding my hair since June 2011 with wigs and now braids. I wish the both of us great length retention. I look forward to your updates.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm in that same protective styling challenge on BHM. What's your username on there?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey KayTee it's LDNgirly- I'm yet post anything on BHM yet - I'm just a lurker atm lol

    ReplyDelete