Friday 4 May 2012

Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo 12oz

Okay here is the review for this shampoo. I have been wanting to purchase a Shea Moisture product for over a year now and was very pleased when it came to London. I did write a blogpost when I purchased it but unfortunately British Curlies sent me the wrong shampoo (Curl & Shine).





So I rang them up the following day and they kindly sent out the correct shampoo with a freepost post label included. As you can see from the previous picture, they sent me a sample of Hairveda whipped ends moisturiser. If you would like to read a review on this sample- click here.


Anyway onto my review. I have used this shampoo twice, once after deep conditioning and once before deep conditoning.This was in order to better assess the effects of the shampoo on my hair.

 The price of the shampoo was £10.99, however for 12 ounces of product- that is not too bad.






Description:
This gentle, all-natural shampoo will help soften, moisturize and repair damaged, over-processed hair.
Directions: Apply shampoo to wet hair, gently massage and work into a rich lather, then rinse thoroughly
Ingredients: Ingredients: Deionized water, Decyl Glucoside (sugar beets), African Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea butter) (denotes certified organic ingredients), aloe vera leaf juice, Argan Oil, Panthenol (pro-vitamin B-5, rosemary extract, sea kelp extract, vitamin E, Lonicera Caprifolium (honeysuckle) flower and Lonicera Japonica (Japanese honeysuckle) flower extract.


Thoughts: Prior to purchasing I already knew a strength of the Shea Moisture line, it has "No Parabens, No Phthalates, No Paraffin, No Gluten, No Propylene Glycol, No Mineral Oil, No Synthetic Fragrance, No Animal Testing, No Synthetic Colour, No DEA, No Animal Ingredients, No Sulfates." So it is definitely all natural, which is an advantage! 




The first time I used my hair, it was so dry and it definitely was a good test to see how moisturising this shampoo was. It is super moisturising! When I put this shampoo in my hair, it felt so so so soft! It was amazing how it changed the feeling of my hair to a dry, straw like feeling to soft and kind of mushy. Another good thing is the smell, it is not strong at all it smells like a mild coconut scented soap. Furthermore, I did not need a huge amount of product at all. I used three pumps the first time and that was waaay too much because it lathers quite a lot. I would use one to two pumps in the future. I would definitely repurchase again, the only thing I did not like was the fact I have to order this online, wait for it to arrive and pay for shipping. Otherwise I really like this shampoo! I shampoo every other week so hopefully this will last me a very long time. I give this product 4/5.






Information from http://www.britishcurlies.co.uk/store/

No comments:

Post a Comment