Thursday 14 March 2013

Review- Giovanni Smooth As Silk Deep Moisture Shampoo

I ran out of my Shea Moisture shampoo (review here) and decided to purchase a Giovanni shampoo seeing as I love the leave-in conditioner so much (review here). It only cost me just over £5 to purchase it from Amazon including delivery. However I checked there now and that offer is not available? I received the shampoo and then realised it is not 100% natural- oops! The next shampoo I buy I definitely want it to be 100% natural. I really want more Shea Moisture products- but £15 for one shampoo ain't nobody got money for that. On to the review...

 
Description:
Soft and smooth, sexy and sultry. It's how you feel when you have silk against your skin. Now imagine that same feel in your hair. Smooth As Silk Deep Moisture Shampoo has a pearlized formula that glistens in your hand and transforms your hair into a silky palette. New and improved formulation with Apple and Aloe extracts provide antioxidant protection and enhanced moisturizers for even silkier hair. Lather and glow with the flow that begins your style. Smooth As Silk Shampoo wears beautifully on you.


Ingredients: 
Aqua (purified water), sodium lauroyl sarcosinate, decyl glucoside, cocamidopropyl betaine, sodium cocoamphoacetate, lauryl glucoside, sodium cocoyl glutamate, sodium lauryl glucose carboxylate, pyrus malus (apple) fruit extract, *aloe barbadensis (aloe vera) leaf juice, *chamomilla recutita (matricaria) leaf extract, *citrus aurantium dulcis (Valencia orange) extract, *citrus grandis (grapefruit) fruit extract, *cymbopogon schoenanthus (lemongrass) extract, *echinacea purpurea extract, *ginkgo biloba extract, *glycine soja (soybean) seed extract, *lavandula angustifolia (lavender) extract, *rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, *macrocystis pyrifera (sea kelp) extract, *mangifera indica (mango) extract, *salix alba (willow bark) extract, xanthan gum, glycol distearate, panthenol (pro-vitamin B5), citric acid, polysorbate 20, potassium sorbate, phenoxyethanol, natural fragrance.
*USDA Certified Organic
100% vegetarian ingredients.
No phthalates / artificial fragrance / dyes / sulfates / parabens / PEGs.


Thoughts:
I have used this shampoo a few times. It states that this shampoo is more moisturising then clarifying however the first time I washed my hair it had that squeaky clean feeling you have after clarifying.


This is strange considering the shampoo is sulfate free. Again, I have noticed this shampoo dries out the back section of my hair. However upon rinsing my hair it did feel clean, nicely moisturised (definitely not as moisturising as Shea Moisture!). I think this shampoo with the Giovanni leave-in works very well together. I definitely do not like the smell of this shampoo it smells like strong orange zest. For £5 I definitely cannot complain about the product overall- it does the job of a shampoo which is to clean the hair. It is just a bit strange to have the feeling of squeaky clean and nicely moisturised, rather than the very moisturised, clean and soft feeling Shea Moisture gave me. I definitely wish the ingredients were better but then again if it was all-natural the price would be double at least. I give this 3.5/5.


Ingredients/description from www.iherb.com

No comments:

Post a Comment