Tuesday 4 January 2011

Quick Catch Up! Review: African Pride Braid Spray Regular and Remi Collection

I promised a review on these products so here goes:
African Pride Braid Spray Regular

Description: Healthy, beautiful braids have been popular in Africa for hundreds of years. Our ancient recipe will soften, shine and moisturize your braids. Daily use promotes strong, healthy, shiny hair. Gives hair a fabulous fragrance. Relieves frizzies and breakage. Excellent for locks and twists. 
Ingredients:  African Pride Herbal Complex (Aqua (Water), Apocynum Cannabinum (Indian Hemp Extract), Urtica Dioica (Nettle Extract), Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary Extract), Arctium Lappa (Burdock Extract), Betula Alba (Birch Extract), Rosa Canina (Dog Rose Hips Extract), Chondrus Crispus (Carrageenan Extract), Tussilago Farfara (Coltsfoot Extract), Prunus Serotina (Wild Cheryy BarkExtract), Taraxacum Officinale (Dandelion Extract), Sambucus Nigra, Equisetum Hiemale (Horse-Tail Extract), Echinacea Purpurea (Coneflower Extract), Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Dimethicone, Copolyol, PEG-8, Oleth-20, PEG-75 Lanolin, Silk Amino Acids, Panthenol, Acetamidopropyl Trimonium Chloride, Parfum (Fragrance), Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Propylparaben.

Thoughts: I love that the first ingredient is water- that is a key ingredient of a moisturising product. I use this spray to moisturise my cornrows (under my lace wig) every day usually...it does it's job however as we  approach the Winter months I feel I need a heavier moisturiser like a butter. It is a light moisturiser so often I use this daily and then have to "top" up with applying an oil later on in the day. It definitely makes my hair feel soft and the spray nozzle is soo convienient! I would not repurchase this again until Spring when the weather warms up. I give it 3.5 out of 5!

Remy Hair, 10 inches
Description: Remi Collection Indian Remi Weaving by Sensual Collection is made of hundred percent human hair with remi texture in wet and wavy style.
Click for a picture of the hair
Thoughts: I bought 2 packs of this hair, thinking it was remi hair- yay, great quality- woop woop! Erm no *record stratch*. By the second week of wearing this hair it tangled SO badly at the nape, it was tangle CITY! I have to say this hair did not shed as badly as Premium Too or Milky Way but by 3 weeks of wear I wanted to take this hair out. Which is a shame b/c it cost me £40, albeit it was the cheapest brand of Remy hair on the website so maaybe alarm bells should have been ringing. I have kept the weave just in case I want to make clip-ins but I won't be using this hair for another sew-in. Again. Out of 5- 1.5.

Want more information on these products and where to purchase? Click here

No comments:

Post a Comment