Sunday 10 April 2011

Transitioning Diaries: Month Two Update!

Here is a picture of my hair today in a ponytail:


It's looking healthy but I've noticed my edges are looking thin. I am still applying castor oil 2x week but I plan tomorrow to invest in a satin bonnet (I know long overdue) hopefully this will protect my edges.

I have decided to get kinky twists (for the first time ever) and I am going to try and install them myself since I have two weeks off work and really don't fancy paying £40 ($60). If it is successful I will do a picture tutorial similar to my clip-in extensions blog post. I plan to keep them in for 6-8 weeks as a protective style.

One thing I can no longer do is detangle on dry hair :(, it just leads to breakage at the line of demarcation (where the new growth and relaxed hair meet), so I am now detangling on freshly washed hair with a wide tooth comb 2x week.

The product junkie inside me has led me to compile a list of products I wish to try during my transition or post transition (but as promised it won't be till my current products run out):
Herbal Essence's it's a curl thing (available in the UK from Boots) US equivalent is Totally Twisted
Herbal Essence's Hello Hydration- moisturising conditioner
Giovanni Leave-In
Giovanni Tea -Tree Shampoo- Giovanni's range is sulfate free, contains natural ingredients
Bee Mine Hold Butter- Natural ingredients and reviews state it provides great hold
Vatika Oil- Growth aid and strengthens hair
Aussie 3 min miracle reconstructor- Heard it is AMAZING, you can add oil and use it as a DC

Hair tools:
Denman brush
Tangle Teezer
More flexi rods

Good news for us British ladies- britishcurly.co.uk has a online store which sells brands such as Bee Mine, Jessie Curl, Miss Jessie, Giovanni and Aubrey Organics- so we can purchase from there - I was so excited when I found out yesterday!

No comments:

Post a Comment