Thursday 28 July 2011

Be Careful What You Wish For...

Remember my last post asking where my new growth is? It has appeared thick and fast :s
On Monday I was combing my (dry) hair and realised it was so tough to comb through. So basically this is what I will be doing to deal with my new growth at 7 weeks post:
  • Only detangling with a wide tooth comb on my wash days (Mondays and Thursdays)
  • Low manipulation styles like buns
  • Avoiding direct heat- I will try to not flat iron my new growth more than once
  • When applying my moisturiser and DC I will massage into my new growth a lot more- this aids my detangling process
  • Hot oil rinses - this really helps my new growth soft- I did one yesterday using olive oil, coconut oil and vatika oil microwaved for 30 seconds yesterday and plan to do another one in a fortnight.

2 comments:

  1. Congrats, that NG's finally coming through, I'd be happy that its there regardless lol. Good luck on your stretch!

    ReplyDelete