On Monday I was combing my (dry) hair and realised it was so tough to comb through. So basically this is what I will be doing to deal with my new growth at 7 weeks post:
- Only detangling with a wide tooth comb on my wash days (Mondays and Thursdays)
- Low manipulation styles like buns
- Avoiding direct heat- I will try to not flat iron my new growth more than once
- When applying my moisturiser and DC I will massage into my new growth a lot more- this aids my detangling process
- Hot oil rinses - this really helps my new growth soft- I did one yesterday using olive oil, coconut oil and vatika oil microwaved for 30 seconds yesterday and plan to do another one in a fortnight.