Preparation: I did a protein treatment (ORS replenishing pak) and shampoo washed my hair on Monday - 3 days earlier. I detangled it and added my leave-in conditioner, I bunned and didn't comb till today. I purchased 10 shower caps for £1, bargain.
To Self-Relax I used:
Wide Tooth Comb
One shower cap
One ORS Relaxer No-Lye Kit
3 towels (yes 3!)
My Neutralizing Shampoo: Elasta QP Stop Action (I neutralize 5-6 times and the shampoo in the pack is never enough)
My Conditioner: Tresemme Naturals
8 Duck clips
Day of Relaxer Preparation:
- I divided my hair into four sections using a wide tooth comb.
- I used duck clips to clip each section to keep the sections of hair seperated.
- I combed through each section
- Using my sprush I divided my hair in sections just to make sure my hair was properly detangled.
- I secured a shower cap over the bottom two sections using 4 duck bill clips.
- I based my scalp with vaseline.
- I added my conditioner to my relaxed ends to protect them from any relaxer that may fall on them
- I mixed the relaxer
- I set the timer for 20 minutes
- Undoing the front two sections I proceeded to divide and part 1-inch sections applying relaxer to each section
- I leave my edges till last and applied relaxer to them, it actually took me 15 minutes to apply the relaxer!
- I smoothed and the timer went off, I let it sit for 5 more minutes as my hair texture is coarse - I do not reccommend this just rinse it out according to the timings on the instructions
- I rinsed the relaxer out making sure to avoid wetting the back
- Protein mid-step: Using half of the ORS replenishing pak I applied it to the two front sections, left for two minutes and rinsed out
- I neutralised six times, yes it took me six, afterwards I left it in my hair for 2 minutes then rinsed to ensure the relaxer was all gone
- I clipped up the hair took a 20 minute break and then undid the back
- Repeat steps 4-9 (apply relaxer, smooth, rinse, protein mid-step then neutralize)
- I applied moisturiser to my hair and am currently air-drying it I plan to add pictures later. So far I am pleased with the results and happy I saved £25 ;)