Saturday 22 October 2011

Protective Styling Challenge- Week 7

I totally forgot to update last week on my protective styling challenge, all is well. I am on week 7 , so I am 10 weeks post now- wow. Today I realised I hadn't clarified so my wash day was as folllows:
- Hot oil DC with vatika oil, castor oil and olive oil
- Applied moisturising DC (Elasta QP DPR-11)
- Did a clarifying shampoo (VO5) after DCing for 1 hour
- Applied my Herbal Essences LTR and detangled with a wide tooth comb
- Bunned and left to air dry
OMG my new growth feels so soft, hot oil rinses are like magic for me, my NG is tangle free, I plan on doing this every week and the best thing is I only have to go in the shower once for my shampoo wash. I have come a looong way from my product junkie days, in fact I am currently running low on all my products- moisturisers, oils, DC, shampoo, my leave-in AND conditioner. I am trying to decide on what products to purchase and am considering an all natural line like Bee Mine, Giovanni, Aubrey etc. Anyway you know I will update you guys. I am still following my lace front wig routine:
wigging, moisturising frequently with my braid spray, wash 1x week and castor oil 1x week.

No comments:

Post a Comment